A prank played on a group of coffee shop drinkers to promote the remake of 70s horror classic Carrie tops last month’s Unruly Global Ads Chart.
The ad was October’s most popular by a country mile, attracting almost 1.7 million more shares across Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere than the second-placed ad, PooPourri’s hilarious “Girls Don’t Poop” It attracted more then 2.1 million shares in October.
You can throw as many special effects or clever catchphrases into your marketing mix as possible, but apparently nothing beats the sight of a little girl throwing up. Or at least that’s one way to look at the incredible success of Crest and Oral-B’s “Halloween Treats Gone Wrong ad”. But what they will be even more happy with is the performance of the ad. Launched just a few days before the end of the month, the commercial attracted more than 225,000 shares during October, making it the seventh most shared ad of the month.
The PS4. “For The Players Since 1995” is a sedate and nostalgic journey through the history of the Playstation told through the bedroom of a teenage boy. It attracted 104,431 shares last month, almost 30,000 more than Xbox’s 19th-placed “Invitation”, which was launched a few days later.
Other newcomers to the top 20 include Virgin Atlantic’s new all-singing and all-dancing safety demonstration.
Top 20 Most Shared, Branded Video Ads During October 2013
1. MGM: Telekinetic Coffee Shop Surprise – Shares: 2.1million
2. PooPourri: Girls Don’t Poop – Shares: 418,023
3. GoPro: HERO3+ Black Edition: Smaller, Lighter, Mightier Still – Shares: 320,611
4. GEICO: Hump Day – Shares: 258,145
5. GoPro: Firemen Saves Kitten – Shares: 241,781
6. Samsung: Note 3 – First Hands On – Shares: 237,310
7. Crest and Oral-B: Halloween Treats Gone Wrong – Shares: 225,156
8. Virgin America: #VXsafetydance – Shares: 205,327
9. Mercedes-Benz: Chicken – Shares: 187,677
10. Pepsi Max: Uncle Drew 3 – Shares: 178,099
The next Peek of the week will be the Christmas edition!